- A wonderful result from the Bunnings BBQ. Net profit $1460. We have been spending a lot
recently with the rest house windows $930, industrial vacuum cleaner for the buildings
$300, sandblasting many items for display in the gang sheds $600, materials eg. paint,
materials, discs, screws, bolts and the list goes on. But the result is great. Well done to
Robert Gannon and his crew Ken, Rod McIntosh & Phil Chorusch. Also to others who can
assist from time to time
- Remember we will be having an open day for the community, at four venues on the first
Saturday of September 2nd. This will follow the official opening of the gang sheds by the
Mayor, by invitation on Wednesday 30th August. We will be hoping that the media interest
on the Wednesday will then give us a great deal of coverage for the open day, three days
- Jay Antoney has been a member of our group for a short time. He has involved himself
with the wiring and electronics of the model layout being built by the group. Jay has
commenced a facebook page for us! He will also look after our website. Thanks Jay, for
your expertise and we certainly are the beneficiary of that.
- A big shout out to our members who have made it possible to open the station museum,
six days a week. Also the gang sheds from Tuesday to Fridays.
- The model railway group who meet each Wednesday evening at the rest house also have
an open day on the first Saturday of each month.
- Peter Simpfendorfer was on 2AAAFM recently and again sending the message out about
our organisations extra days opening to the community
- Just on the official opening of the gang sheds. We have received a great response from
other museums to attend the day, from local groups and also from surrounding towns
(Temora, Coolamon). We will have a strong representation from the visitors’ information
centre and Wagga Wagga City Council
- At present all members are financial. When we have our AGM later in the year. We will
determine the annual membership fee and we would like to have the majority of members
pay by direct debit into our account. It streamlines the process and gives us an accurate
record of your payment.
- We will finalise our morning tea arrangements for the opening of the gang sheds at our
next meeting on 23rd August 2017
- The Wednesday model train group is going really well. The construction of the new layout
will be presentable (but not finished) by the time the Mayor and the invited guests have
their morning tea. Keep at it guys!
- Any member who can drop in on any Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday at the gang shed,
it would be great if you could assist with preparing the trikes etc. for the opening on 30th
August. It would be dusting, cleaning and making the place look great!
Newsletter No.98 July 2017
with no comment